Saturday 6 December 2008

What I've been upto

So I was mooching along here in Basra feeling fairly uninspired by all the sand and sand coloured surroundings so I decided I'd turn interior designer and try to doll up my room which I share. It looks like this:...which of course is very very dull. [at this point in typing I have had to put on my body armour and helmet - it is very uncomfortable!] I ordered some massive posters of forest and some green fabric to hide the bricks and padding. We've also replaced that one sheet of wood with two, nicer, sheets of wood to even up the top and 'clean it up a bit'. Hopefully will post the finished article in a few days or so.
I also received recently two magazines from my DB's mum:
Which was fantastic, and got me back into the crafting mood! Especially as the CrossStitcher magazine had a free kit with it!








Of course, I sat and stitched the free kit on night shift. It took me around eight hours as I was working at the same time, but I loved every minute!

I converted a 'with sympathy' card into this Christmas card, I had to cover the greeting on the inside with a patch and doodled to cover the join. Then I decided I'd doodle on another card too :)
As I was stitching away, in amongst the boys typical comments of 'old before your time' and 'would you like your tea cosy and blanket with that?' Some of the girls actually expressed interest as they'd done some stitching as young girls. One even decided she'd join me in ordering a kit when we spotted some designs we'd like advertised in the magazine! She is getting Our Wedding Day (Tatty Teds) by Anchor And I am getting Rose Lady by Design WorksI can't wait to get them in the post and to have another project!

No comments: